Monday, July 9, 2012

Thrifty Treasures Monday: Book Page Projects for Less Than a Penny!

Hello, folks! Sorry it’s been a week since I really posted! Last week was pretty crazy, with the Fourth of July on Wednesday, and then traveling to Indiana for my bro-in-law’s beautiful wedding on Saturday! While I reaalllly wanted to stop at some thrift stores down in Indiana (actually more like southern Chicago-- they have a MUCH bigger selection that up where we live!), we were a bit too busy with rehearsals and wedding prep! Not only was my hubby the best man, but Big Boy and Little Princess were the ring bearer and flower girl! :)

She LOVED having her hair and nails done! Love my girly-girl!
So needless to say, I didn’t get any thrifting/rummage-saleing done last week :/ Instead, I thought I’d show you some quick book page decorations I whipped up for the Fourth of July, using the vintage book I got for a quarter last week! :)



Since these were LITERALLY last minute decorations, I didn’t spend as much time making them “fancy” as I might have otherwise. I just used regular scissors to cut each page into two triangles, then used blue and red Sharpie markers to freehand the block letters on.
I used a hole-punch to punch holes in the upper corners, then strung them onto off-white twine. (I found that the triangles are easiest to string when you fold them in half like a taco, with the holes lined up against each other, and slide the triangle into position on the string, before unfolding it.)

I also made a few of these book page buntings to spread the festivity around the house in a not-so-blatant fashion. J It took about three pages, folded accordion style and taped together, to form one semi-circular “fan”. If I had more time, I would have made enough of these to string together and form a banner! But as it was, they added just the right touch of neutral patriotic flair to my kitchen :)

The best part is, I still have nearly 500 more of these pages to play with! So I dug up some more ideas for cool book page crafts…

GORGEOUS paper roses!




Definitely gotta find me a lampshade to cover...


This is my absolute favorite! I can SO see this as a gorgeous sunburst mirror!


Hmmmm… looks like my “MUST-MAKE” list just got a LOT longer! But the good news is… at 500 pages for 25¢, that comes out to about 1/20th of a cent for each page! Now THAT’S what I call a thrifty project!

So have YOU made any cheapo projects lately? Feel free to post your link in the comments below!


Blogs I link up to:


2 comments :

  1. That is sooo cool!!! Love the idea...but I think I'd linger too long and stare at your decorations trying to read them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These decorations are super rad! You are a very talented gal. Thanks so much for linking these up to Marvelous Mondays. I hope to see you at the next party!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love love LOVE comments! Please take a second and leave me one... it'll make my day!